In this guide we’ll take a look at the best cordless garden multi tools.
We’ve compared functionality, ease of use, quality and cost
to give you our top recommendations.
In this guide we’ll take a look at the best cordless garden multi tools.
What Are The UK's Best Cordless Garden Multi Tools?
Read Our Cordless Garden Multi Tool Reviews
BU-KO 52cc Long Reach Petrol Garden Multi Tool Review
The BU-KO Garden Multi Tool is the best cordless garden tool on the market. This 5 in 1 multi tool has an extension pole so you can reach branches and hedges up to 3.4m above your head. It works as a strimmer, chainsaw, hedge trimmer and more.
This multi tool is perfect for landscaping, with the various attachments able to take on most garden tasks. The versatility and heavy duty motor make it great value for money.
This is a reliable and safe model that’s perfect for any garden renovation or tidy up.
The BU-KO Multi Tool is our top recommendation for the best cordless multi tool. If you’re searching for a versatile and long lasting multi tool, this is the one for you!
- Fantastic value for money - comes with a range of attachments included that give it 5 different functions
- Instructions are clear and easy to follow
- It is easy to switch between attachments
- Customer service is good and it’s easy to source replacement parts if needed
- When using the hedgecutter, the machine produces a huge amount of vibration and can be uncomfortable to hold
- Some of the parts aren’t the best quality and may wear over time
- No bag included to keep everything together which would be a useful addition
Mitox 28MT-a Select 5-in-1 Petrol Garden Multi Tool Review
The Mitox 28MT-a Multi Tool is a 5 in 1 cordless petrol multi tool with a grass trimmer, brush cutter, hedge trimmer and pole pruner included. It’s an excellent value and versatile tool, and each attachment is easy to fit and remove.
This tool is powered by an easy to start engine, and there’s no cable or battery required. It has soft grip handles so that you can be comfortable with whatever garden task you’re taking on, whilst the anti-vibration adds to the ease of use.
Complete with a 1m extension pole included, this tool is perfect for the safe pruning of taller trees and bushes.
If you’re looking for an easy to start petrol multi tool with a range of attachments to suit almost any garden task, the Mitox Garden Multi Tool is our top recommendation!
- Relatively easy to put together thanks to the clear instructions
- 1m extension and articulating blade allow you to trim branches above your head at a range of angles
- Build quality is very good
- Starts reliably every time
- Some users found the hedge trimmer tool a little heavy which makes it harder to control
- Relatively noisy compared to others on the market
- Pruner saw stalls the chain very easily so needs to be used very carefully
Greenworks 40V Cordless 2 in 1 Garden Multi Tool Review
The Greenworks 40V Cordless Garden Multi Tool is a high performing and reliable multi tool, with a powerful battery and charger included. This tool is electric powered which makes it very easy to use, and there’s no long cables to get tangled up in!
This multi tool has 2 functions in one. It comes with a high branch saw and hedge trimmer, and switching between the two devices is very easy. The hedge trimmer has a 7 position articulated knob for optimal alignment, while the pole chainsaw has a maximum reach of 2.4m.
If you’re searching for an electric multi tool suitable for smaller tasks, the Greenworks Multi Tool is the one for you!
- A good option for smaller projects, can be used as both a saw and hedge trimmer
- Switching between the two functions is very easy
- Battery life is impressive at around 40-50 minutes of continuous use
- Surprisingly powerful considering it’s battery powered - suitable for medium duty cutting jobs
- Battery charges quickly in around 2 hours
- Relatively heavy and not particularly well balanced, although most users should still manage
- No chainsaw oil included so this will need to be purchased separately
- Difficult to control with the 3 poles connected
- Lacks the range of attachments and versatility of other multi tools on the market
VonHaus 2 in 1 Chainsaw & Trimmer Garden Multi Tool Review
The VonHaus 2 in 1 Multi Tool is a handy and easy to use multi tool with a telescopic handle for a max reach of 2.4m. The adjustable head allows for safe trimming from any angle.
This tool comes with a 45cm hedge trimmer and a 20cm chainsaw. It’s suitable for a range of garden jobs, with both elements powerful but safe. The dual support harness anchors to your torso to counterbalance the top heavy design, allowing you control and comfort.
This multi tool is made from reliable materials.
If you’re on the search for a durable and high performing multi tool suitable for both trimming and chain sawing, the VonHaus Multi Tool is the one for you!
- Attachments are well made and any plastic pieces appear good quality
- Once attached the tools feel secure and safe
- Slices through branches with ease and can be used to prune branches up to 2.4m away
- Swapping between the two tools isn’t particularly seamless with 5 bolts to loosen and tighten
- Can be tricky to control as the motor is at the end of the pole, although a shoulder strap comes included
- Lacks the power of petrol powered machines
eSkde LPHTCS1 Hedge Trimmer Chainsaw Combi Kit Review
The eSkde LPHTCS1 Combi Kit is arguably the best cordless garden tool system for landscaping beginners. This tool is exceptionally easy to use, with both a chainsaw and an adjustable trimmer head included. It’s easy to switch between the two functions, while the telescopic handle has a max reach of 2.5m.
Quiet and lightweight, it’s suitable for a range of garden tasks and is easy to transport around your garden. It comes with a supportive shoulder strap so it’s comfortable to use for long periods of time.
If you lack experience with multi tools and require something small and lightweight to get you started in the garden, the eSkde Combi Kit is our top recommendation!
- Suitable for light to medium duty tasks and branches up to 16mm wide
- Chainsaw runs very smoothly and cuts well
- Assembly is very straightforward and takes around 30 minutes
- With a 2.4m reach, this tool can be used to tidy branches above your head
- Well made and durable with quality pieces
- Lacks the power of petrol powered machines
- Feels very heavy when held at an angle
- Minimum length of the arm is still too long to work close to the branches
- Shoulder strap isn’t particularly comfortable
- Does jam quickly if you are cutting through lots of twigs and brush
How to Choose The Best Cordless Garden Multi Tool
A multi tool is a cost-effective and versatile piece of equipment that’s suitable for a range of garden tasks. Cordless multi tools can be used in any part of the garden – as there’s no worries of tangled cables!
Not sure what to look for when it comes to the best cordless multi tools? The following tips will help you make the right decision.
Benefits of a Cordless Garden Multi Tool
There’s a range of benefits to using a cordless over a corded multi tool.
- First of all, it’s possible to purchase a range of compatible accessories to go with your multi tool. Some of the models I’ve listed come with a hedge trimmer and chainsaw head included, but there’s a huge range of accessories you may wish to purchase
- Multi tools are easy to maintain
- They are far easier to store than buying individual tools, as there’s just one handle
- Cordless tools are generally lightweight and easy to manage
- There’s no risk you’ll accidentally slice through the cable as you can with corded garden tools
- Many multi tools have a long battery life, so if you’ve got a small garden, you should be able to complete your entire garden in one go
- For most light to medium duty tasks, a cordless tool should boast more than enough power
- There in no limit on where you can go in the garden, unlike corded tools where the length of cord will have a big impact on how much you can move around the garden
Benefits of a Mains Powered Garden Multi Tool
There’s also a number of reasons to choose a mains powered multi tool.
- They generally have more power than cordless machines so are better suited for heavy duty tasks
- There’s no concerns that the battery will suddenly run out midway through a task
- They can be used at any time, with no need to wait for the battery to charge up first
What Accessories are Included?
Multi tools will come with many or just a few attachments. Some have 3 in 1 functionality, others have 7 in 1 functionality! The more uses your tool has, the more it will cost.
Make a list of what you frequently need to use your multi tool for, and ensure it comes with these attachments. Otherwise, you can purchase additional attachments as and when you need them.
Selecting a Safe Model
Safety is essential whenever you’re dealing with powerful material. The best way to guarantee safety is to purchase from a reputable brand and read reviews before you purchase. Ensure you know exactly how to use the multi tool before you start.
A telescopic or extending handle will allow you to use the tool to reach branches above your head. This is generally a lot safer than using a ladder, but the longer the handle, the harder it can be to control the tool. A telescopic handle will allow you to stay secure on the ground as you work, but even so you may find the tool a little unwieldy.
Finally, it’s important to wear the correct safety gear no matter what you’re doing. This includes long sleeves and, depending on what you’re working on, gloves, safety goggles and a hard hat.
Ergonomics and Comfort
Your multi tool will be used for a huge range of tasks, so it’s essential that it’s comfortable to use.
Most handles have an easy to grip coating, and they should help you work without wrist or hand fatigue. If your tool is very heavy, it should come with a shoulder strap which can take a lot of the load. Some tools come with a second handle further down the shaft. Operating your tool with two hands will help prevent one aching arm!
Ease of Switching Parts
Multi tools are designed to be easy to use, with switching attachments often just a two step process. Ensure you follow instructions and don’t turn on the multi tool until you are sure you have put it back together properly.
Battery Life and Charge Time
The biggest problem you’ll face with your cordless machine is going to be the battery life. This can vary between cordless models. The most common battery life is around 40 minutes, but this does depend on what you’re doing.
Battery life depends on what task you are tackling. If you’re taking on a heavy duty task, you may find the battery doesn’t last as long. If you’re using more powerful settings, the battery will drain faster.
However, for very light duty tasks, your multi tool should last longer. If you have a large garden, opt for a tool with a longer battery life.
Cordless Garden Multi Tool FAQs
What is a cordless multi tool used for?
Multi tools are, as the name suggests, used for a multitude of tasks! They are extremely versatile, and either come with a range of accessories or accessories can be purchased separately.
The multi tools I’ve recommended come with a number of attachments which makes them suitable for a number of tasks around the garden. Many multi tools can be used as strimmers, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, pruners and brush cutters. Those with a telescopic handle can be used to tidy up areas out of reach or above your head.
How long can I expect the battery to last on my cordless multi tool?
This will vary depending on the tool, as well as what you are using it for. Most cordless tools should have a battery life of between 30 and 40 minutes.
If you are working in very dense areas or using the tool on the most powerful settings, your tool won’t last as long.