In this guide we’ll take a look at the best desk fans for the UK market.
I’ve compared performance, speed, noise and cost
to give you my top recommendations.
In this guide we’ll take a look at the best desk fans for the UK market.
What Is The Best Desk Fan?
More Detailed Desk Fan Reviews
MeacoFan 1056 Air Circulator Review
The MeacoFan 1056 air circulator is a great desk fan that powerfully cools even the largest rooms in an energy efficient manner.
For powerful cooling, this desk fan is second to none. It comes with an incredible 12 speed settings and the integrated Direct Cooling (DC) technology allows for maximum cooling with significantly less power than other fans.
The fan’s ECO feature increases the fan speed depending on the temperature in the room.
At the lowest speeds this fan really is silent, getting slightly louder as you increase speeds. However speeds 1 and 2 are perfect for sleeping, at which the fan is totally quiet.
This small desk fan is very easily adjusted to point in different directions to allow you to cool a specific part of a room. It also oscillates to help move air around the whole room to keep things feeling cool and fresh.
This quiet yet powerful desk fan can be controlled via the front panel on the fan or with the remote control. The panel has adjustable lights so you can see to adjust the settings at night. You can also turn the lights off completely for a completely undisturbed night’s sleep.
The panel and remote also allow you to easily set timers, as well as adjust the light, speed, direction and oscillation of the fan.
This is a quiet desk fan for anyone that wants something adjustable and super energy efficient. With 12 speed settings and a fantastic ECO mode, you really can’t go wrong with this fan. It’s not cheap, but with the number of features and sheer power this fan comes with, the price tag is totally worth it.
For all your cooling needs, look no further!
- Very quiet up until level 5 so won’t disturb you while you work
- Effective oscillating function that’ll help cool the space around you
- Even on the lowest setting, the airflow is noticeable and will help keep you cool up to 6ft away
- Eco mode saves energy by adjusting the speed according to the temperature in the room
- Lights on the front panel are very bright but can be turned off at night
- Audible beep when you press a button can’t be silenced so may disturb others
- Receiver oscillates with the body of the fan which can make it difficult controlling the fan if it has rotated away from you
- Not the most stylish on the market with a relatively clunky design
Dyson AM06 Desk Fan Review
The Dyson AM06 Desk Fan is by far the best desk fan on the market!
If you are looking for a fan that is incredibly powerful, high-performing and built to Dyson’s design standards, look no further than the Dyson AM06 desk fan!
This small, sleek and stylish fan is engineered for small spaces. It’s also the ideal desk fan if you have safety in mind.
With no exposed blades, it is safe to use even with children and pets around. It is also perfect for use on a desk as nothing can get caught up in the blades.
This fan is incredibly quiet, perfect for working close to the unit, and for the ultimate night’s sleep in the summer months.
The functional design of this small desk fan makes it incredibly effective, with no mesh to restrict the air flow. In addition, the revolutionary Air Multiplier technology makes this fan more effective and quieter than any other fan, providing a powerful, cool stream of air with no noise!
The 360-degree oscillating function means it cools the entire room, and the tilt function is super easy to use. The design of this quiet desk fan makes it easy to clean with no blades or mesh to clog up with dust or pollen, which makes it a great choice for allergy sufferers, too.
The Dyson desk fan also features a handy remote control and a timer of up to 9 hours.
The Dyson is far from cheap, but you’ll struggle to find a desktop fan as sophisticated as this. If you’re looking for the ultimate high end desk fan for all your cooling needs, the Dyson AM06 Desk Fan really is the ultimate must have!
- Very safe for kids - no buttons for them to push or exposed blades
- Sleek and modern design looks good on most desks
- Not silent but runs quietly at most levels so shouldn’t disturb you while you work or sleep
- For effective cooling it needs to be used on the highest settings
- Very bright display at the front which may disturb you at night
- Remote control only works reliably when the fan is facing you - so you’ll need to wait for it to oscillate towards you
MyCarbon Oscillating 12 Speed Desk Turbofan Review
The MyCarbon Oscillating 12 Speed Turbofan is an absolute powerhouse of a desk fan!
Unlike traditional fans, this powerful desk fan has an integrated turbine, which creates maximum air circulation.
This fan comes with a whopping 12 speed settings and 4 modes, including normal wind, natural wind, sleep wind and even baby wind perfect for babies and young children. I highly recommend the natural wind setting which really feels like a natural outdoor breeze!
The fan’s oscillation function rotates left and right, and also up and down, filling the entire room with fresh flowing air. This can all be controlled at the base of the fan or by using the remote provided.
The fan also tells you the temperature of the air it is blowing out, which is a fantastic additional feature.
The fan is ultra quiet on low speed settings and on sleep wind mode, perfect for getting a great night’s sleep. It gets understandably a little noisier on the highest speed settings, but nothing too distracting.
The fan comes with a 10 hour timer function, and night mode which allows you to turn off the LED display to ensure a distraction free sleep.
All in all this is a fantastic desk fan. It’s not the smallest or cheapest on the market, but the sheer power and all the embedded features makes it totally worth it.
If you’re looking for a fan to meet all your needs and provide the cooling you need on the hottest days and nights of summer, the MyCarbon Oscillating 12 Speed Turbofan is the ultimate must have!
- Strong high quality build with no flimsy plastic parts that are likely to break
- Rotates both left to right as well as up and down meaning cool air can reach every corner of the room
- Oscillation can be controlled on the panel of the fan or using the included remote control
- Low noise so suitable for those who like to work in silence or very light sleepers
- Remote control is magnetic and can be attached to the base to prevent it from getting lost
- Fan is relatively large so may not fit on small or crowded desks
- Every time you change a setting the fan emits a large beep which cannot be muted
- Ambient temperature display isn't hugely accurate so shouldn't be relied upon
Honeywel QuietSet Table Fan Review
The Honeywel QuietSet table fan is the best desk fan if you are looking for an effective yet quiet fan at a reasonable price.
On its lowest setting, this small desk fan is very quiet, so it won’t distract you if when working or keep you awake at night. On the quiet mode, it is almost unnoticeable in terms of noise yet still moves efficiently.
The slimline design means this fan fits onto any desk or bedside table.
The desk fan has 4-speed modes and on the higher settings, it performs powerfully and circulates air smoothly throughout a room. This fan also oscillates up to 35 degrees to cool a larger area. This fan can be controlled via the easy access front panel.
If you’re looking for a desk fan that is super effective, quiet and fantastic value for money, this is the one for you!
- At the lowest setting this fan is relatively quiet so shouldn’t disturb you while you work
- Control panel is very simple with just 3 buttons and an LED display to indicate the speed
- Sturdy and well-built with a robust plastic casing
- Breeze output is relatively powerful on the higher modes - a good option for hot days sat behind a desk
- Starts on full blast which seems unusual - should start at the lowest setting
- No remote control unlike others on the market - must be adjusted using the buttons on the fan’s body
- Large unit but the fan itself is relatively small - not the most space efficient desk fan
Fancii Small Personal USB Desk Fan Review
The Fancii Small personal USB fan is the best USB desk fan for personal use as it is tiny and portable yet still pretty powerful and effective.
This USB desk fan is a great option for anyone who needs an inexpensive solution to provide some air circulation and cooling at their desk. It runs off your computer or laptop via USB and takes little power to run.
Relative to its size this USB desk fan is quite powerful and creates a good amount of airflow whilst still remaining quiet. This USB desk fan’s small size means it can be packed up easily and taken with you wherever you work allowing you to stay cool anywhere. In addition, it’s also quite stylish.
If you’re looking for an inexpensive desk fan that is portable and can simply be plugged into any USB port, the Fancii Small personal USB fan is the one for you!
- Very compact and lightweight - a good option for smaller desks
- Produces a strong breeze considering its size
- Low noise output so won’t disturb you and others in the office
- Feels a little flimsy so needs to be handled with care
- Easy to accidentally turn off the fan using the touch button on the top